Shaoxing, China, December 3, 2018 - Supreme Chonburi of Thailand take on Praia Clube of Brazil in the opening match of the FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship on Tuesday.Head-to-Head
· Supreme Chonburi and Praia Club meet for the first time at the Club World Championship as both teams make their debut.
· Brazilian teams are unbeaten against Thai teams at the Club World Championship. Ocasco defeated Chang Bangkok twice (2010, 2011), while Sesc-RJ proved too strong for Bangkok Glass in 2016.Supreme Chonburi
· Supreme Chonburi are making their debut at the Club World Championship.
· Chonburi are third Thai team to make an appearance in the competition. Chang Bangkok finished fifth in 2010 and 2011, while Bangkok Glass placed seventh in 2016.
· Chonburi qualified for the Club World Championship by winning the 2017 Asian club championship. They successfully defended their title in 2018.
· Chonburi have won the national title in Thailand in the last two seasons.Praia Clube
· Praia Clube are making their debut at the Club World Championship.
· This year, Praia Clube and Minas Tenis Clube are the eighth and ninth Brazilian team to appear in the competition. No other country has had more than seven teams make an appearance at the Club World Championship (7 by Italy).
· All previous seven teams from Brazil have finished on the podium at least once at the Club World Championship.
· Last season, Praia Clube won their first title in the Brazilian Superliga.
· Praia finished as runners-up in the 2017/18 Brazilian Cup and won the Brazilian Supercup in 2018.