Shaoxing, China, December 9, 2018 - VakifBank Istanbul and Minas Tenis Clube meet again to play for the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship title.
• Minas Tenis Clube and Vakifbank Istanbul meet for the second time at the club world championship.
• In the preliminary round, Vakifbank won in straight sets. Ting Zhu (18) and Milena Rasic (12) reached double figures in scoring for Vakifbank, while Gabriela Braga Guimaraes (14) achieved this for Minas.
• Vakifbank are unbeaten in their seven club world championship matches against Brazilian opposition. Vakifbank dropped only three sets in those seven wins.
Minas Tenis Clube
• Minas Tenis Clube have reached the final on their debut. They defeated Eczacibasi VitrA Istanbul 3-2 in the semifinals.
• Minas Tenis Clube can become the fourth team from Brazil to win the competition, after Osasco in 2012, Leites Nestlé in 1994 and Sadia Esporte Club in 1991.
• Minas Tenis Clube have won three of their four club world championship matches. Two of those victories came after losing the first set.
• Minas Tenis Clube are one of three teams with multiple five-sets wins at the club world championship, alongside Voléro Zürich (3) and Eczacibasi VitrA Istanbul (2).
• Gabriela Braga Guimaraes (69) is the team's leading points scorer this year. Natalia Pereira follows on 60 points of which she scored 31 in the semifinals.
• Macris Carneiro is the best setter in the competition this year with an average of 7.18 per set.
• Vakifbank Istanbul can become the second team to win successive titles at the club world championship, after Eczacibasi VitrA Istanbul from 2015 to 2016.
• Vakifbank (2013, 2017) can become the first team to win the club world championships three times. They now share the record of two with Eczacibasi (2015, 2016).
• Vakifbank will finish on the podium for the fifth time in the competition, equalling the record set by Osasco.
• Vakifbank have won all 19 club world championship matches in which they won the opening set, while losing all three in which they lost the opening set.
• Only Eczacibasi's Tijana Boškovic (81) has scored more points this tournament than Ting Zhu (77).
• Vakifbank currently have the best blocker (Milena Rasic, 1.23), the best digger (Hatice Gizem Orge, 4.54) and the best receiver (Kelsey Robinson, 42.86%) in this year's tournament.