Shaoxing, China, December 4, 2018 - Reigning champions Vakifbank Istanbul of Turkey play French reprentatives Volero Le Cannet on the second day of the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship on Wednesday.Head-to-Head
· Vakifbank and Volero Le Cannet will meet for the first time at the Club World Championship.
· Vakifbank played Volero Zürich, one of Volero Le Cannet's predecessors, twice at the Club World Championship. They lost 3-2 in the 2016 group stage, but won 3-1 in the 2016 third-place decider.
· A Turkish and French team meet for the first time at the Club World Championship.
· Vakifbank stayed unbeaten against Volero Zürich in eight matches in the Champions League (since 2000).
· Vakifbank have won eight of their last 11 CL matches against teams from France.Vakifbank
· Defending champions Vakifbank kicked off their 2018 Club World Championship campaign with a 3-0 win over debutants Zhejiang Women's Volleyball Club.
· Vakifbank can start a Club World Championship campaign with two straight-sets victories for the second time, after 2011.
· Ebrar Karakurt scored a match-high 17 points in Vakifbank's 3-0 victory on Tuesday, including 12 spikes.
· Karakurt (17) and Ting Zhu (16) combined for more points in Vakifbank's opener (33) than all players of Zhejiang Women's Volleyball Club combined (28, excluding opponent errors).
Volero Le Cannet
· Tournament debutants Volero Le Cannet started their 2018 Club World Championship campaign with a 3-2 defeat against Minas Tenis Clube on Tuesday.
· The only side with two five-sets defeats at a single edition of the Club World Championship were Rexona Sesc-RJ in 2016.
· In last year's edition only one match needed a fifth set, the third-place decider between Voléro Zürich and Eczacibasi VitrA which Voléro won 3-2.
· Heidy Casanova Alvarez scored a match-high 25 points in Volero Le Cannet's opener, including 20 spikes.