Shaoxing, China, December 9, 2018 - Altay Volleyball Club and Volero Le Cannet will play in their first ever encounter in the FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship.
• Altay Volleyball Club and Volero Le Cannet meet for the first time at the club world championship.
• This is also the first club world championship meeting between a Kazakh and French team.Altay Volleyball Club
• Altay Volleyball Club defeated Zhejiang Women's Volleyball Club 3-2 in the classification round 5-8, their first win in the competition.
• Natalya Mammadova (24) and Sana Anarkulova (22) scored the most points for Altay against Zhejiang.
• Mammadova (52) and Anarkulova (51) also lead Altay in total points scored this tournament.
• Silvija Popovic is the best digger in Altay's team, averaging 4.07 per set. Anarkulova follows on an average of 1.93.Volero Le Cannet
• Volero Le Cannet recorded their first victory at the club world championships with a 3-1 win against Supreme Chonburi in the classification round 5-8.
• Volero won the opening set in three of their four matches at the club world championship, but won only one of those four matches.
• Gergana Dimitrova (25) scored the most points in the victory against Supreme Chonburi.
• Dimitrova is Volero's leading points scorer this tournament on 56 points. Angelina Lazarenko follows on 48 points.
• Eva Mori has scored seven points from aces, at least three more than any of her teammates. She is also the best setter of her team, averaging 6.35 per set.